The deadline for Bursary Applications has NOW PASSSED.
In an effort to further encourage young investigators (under 45 years of age) to participate
in the 30th International Epilepsy Congress, travel bursaries were awarded to a number of
young applicants to assist with travel and/or registration and/or accommodation expenses.
Members of the Bursary Sub-Committee selected the successful applicants.
Results were made available in the first week of March 2013 and all were contacted by email.
If you have any queries in relation to your bursary application or abstract submissions please contact the congress secretariat: email@example.com
*Applications for Bursaries will only be accepted by those who also submit an abstract*
Other criteria pertaining to Bursaries:
1. Bursaries are reserved for those under 45 years of age (include a copy of your Passport with your submission to verify your date of birth).
2. You must not have received a Bursary to participate in an ILAE/IBE congress over the past four years.
3. As part of the application procedure, you must submit a short statement explaining why attendance at the 30th IEC would be particularly relevant to your present appointment/activity in the field of epilepsy, making sure to indicate the reason you require funding to attend the 30th IEC and why you feel your application should be considered.
4. You must declare if you have sourced any other funding to attend the 30th IEC and disclose the nature of the funding.
5. You must submit a signed reference from a person supporting your application (e.g. local ILAE Chapter representative, Head of Department of hospital or institution, etc.).